Sunday, September 21, 2008

Gundam 00

Today I went out for a walk, from Admiralty to my house. It was wonderful, the trees were so green, the breeze was just right. So peaceful. Meh, I have to do this more often. Lol!

So while waiting for Code Geass final episodes, I watched Gundam 00, the latest of the Gundam series. Here's what I thought of it.

Was a bit disappointed because it's not a prequel/sequel to my all-time favourite Gundam series; Gundam Seed/SD. They always do that. All the Gundam series are not linked at all, it's a totally different story in a totally different era/environment. Lol. So what's Gundam 00 about? In the year 2300~, we ran out of natural resources, so what do we use? Solar energy.

Okay, that's not the point. The starting of the story led to more disappointments. It's like Code Geass, "oh we are this so-and-so organization, and we will eradicate WAR!". Yea, great, like that never gets old. I'm actually fine with that but in Gundam 00, it lacked the "substance" that Code Geass has. And the technology they had in Gundam 00 was bullshiet compared to Gundam Seed.

It wasn't deep enough and to be honest, it was dull and boring. There wasn't any male character which I could "connect" with or like either(the guys in Gundam 00 are weird, lol), unlike in Gundam Seed or Code Geass where I simply adore Kira Yamato and Lelouch. The only thing that kept me watching was the awesome animation that SUNRISE studios has done and that Gundam 00 is the first ever Gundam series to ever support the HD function. Okay, and maybe that hawt goddess-grade girl in her cheongsam I saw during the first episode. I wanted to know what will happen to her. LOL!

So yea, I struggled and pulled myself to watch through Gundam 00 for the first 10 episodes or so, THEN, I don't know how they pulled it off, but the story plot for Gundam 00 took a huge turn and it actually began to become interesting enough for me to go back for more. The story gets deeper, and there was a TWIST, and there were more secrets revealed, plus more action. Woo, it can't get better than this.

Near the end of the series, it was quite sad(not going into details, so no spoilers). Some teary moments were during episode 19, 24 and 25. Waaaa, it was like so sweet but very saddening. Lol. Okay, towards the end it was a sadist show, quite a number of deaths. Oh and I like sadist shows. LOL! especially those where there are, "I will change the world with this power/special ability of mine! If I can't then I'll destroy this world together with me! Bwahahaha!" kinda thing. *sadistic laugh* And the story plot twisted again at the end.. guess what? There's gonna be a season 2! I'll be looking forward to this one. This season only revealed the meaning of "Gundam" behind the title Gundam 00, there was a sneak preview at the end of the final episode about "00", so we'll learn more about that in the 2nd season. :)

I was kind of surprised that they changed the usual Gundam themes, the opening and ending themes are usually "techno" kinda songs, but in Gundam 00, it was all ROCK songs. All of them were awesome, first opening theme was from L'Arc~en~Ciel, the ending themes were very nice too. But I liked the 2nd opening the most, the song and animation totally matched. The lyrics rocks too.

Overall, it was a quite a good show despite the bad start.
Here's the 2nd opening theme of Gundam 00, "Ash like Snow" by The Brilliant Green

No comments: