Saturday, August 9, 2008

"Happy" National Day to Singapore!

Yep. Singapore turns 43 today! Um.. I meant yesterday *looks at time*. Oh and yay, Beijing Olympic 2008. Lol. What's with all that hype.. jeez. It irks me, seriously. It's just Beijing, I've been there, saw it, and came back. Woohoo! *insert sarcasm*

Okay, back to the topic. Today felt just like any other Saturday. I didn't feel like going out, although there were activities and events lined up for me. But
Saturdays were strictly my rest day from the tiring weekdays. Rah! TIRED!

So yea, I rejected ALL offers and just lazed around at home as usual, doing almost nothing the whole day except ponder in deep thoughts. Yes. I have a lot to think about recently. It's disturbing me.

It's days like these when I'm not occupied with stuff to do that I tend to think a lot. Many random thoughts.. pondering about the meaning of love and life. Sweet Nostalgia. Meh.. I don't even know where to begin. It's just so complicated. *Sigh* I wish I was still young like my brother, so innocent, oblivious to this cruel world and it's surroundings and simple-minded. Argh!
*facepalm*

Right.. I still have my IPP report to do. Tomorrow it shall be done, hopefully. >.>
Oh and congrats to Ying Hao, my classmate, on becoming attached with his beloved. *envy*
I wonder when my turn will come. *Sigh* To be honest, I'm scared.. afraid.. and so alone, like falling deep into this never-ending pit, no one to stop my fall or pull me out. God, someone save me. Sometimes I just wish... I had a beautiful and understanding female companion, to share my happiness and burdens with. Nothing else would matter then. Nothing wrong with dreaming yea? Right. I'll keep on dreaming and hope for that day. I will. .____.

"There is melancholy in the wind.. and sorrow in the grass" -
Charles Kuralt

I stumbled upon this quote and fell in love with it that instance. It's beautiful. Don't ya think so? (Alright, you'd probably think I'm a saddist right now. Lol)

"Until time and times pass away..."

And this second quote is from the story of "The Druid Knight". I just finished reading it, kept my boredom in check for a while. Not bad IMO.

I placed both those 2 melancholic quotes into my blog banner, if you haven't noticed them yet... And the background image is from the anime that I just finished watching recently. It's called Elfen Lied. I've heard a lot about how good it was before I watched it so I decided I can't miss it too. Lol. Solid story in 13 episodes.

It was unlike anything I've seen before, kinda reminds me of "The Dark Knight", surreal. Lol. Elfen Lied is a relatively bloody, gory and sadistic anime (some nudity included) but don't let that put/fool you off. It actually tells and shows you so much about love, compassion, social alienation, identity, animal cruelty, revenge, child abuse, jealousy and the value of humanity.
It really sets you thinking like, "Wow.. and here I am, sitting down in my chair? What exactly am I doing?!" Haha, just an example. And the ending of Elfen Lied.. was just.. touching. Well, all I can say is that it left me speechless, made my heart ‹/3 and thinking again. I cried at.. episode 12/13. *no spoilers revealed* :P

Elfen Lied Trailer


"ADV Films said the series was one of their bestselling and "most notorious" releases of 2005." - quoted from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elfen_Lied.

So that concludes my blog post. I have a feeling I wrote too much. And to whoever who may have stumbled upon my blog might have already given up reading my chunk of rants.. er.. I meant words! Haha! Be sure to leave a note/tag me if you read this. It'll cheer me up, serious! :P

Phew.. definitely felt better after writing. Until time and times pass away...

Wait. "Time and times pass away" might be a little too long till my next post. I'll leave it at.. Till next time! :D

No comments: